Carol Platt Liebau: The Exodus Begins?

Friday, December 07, 2007

The Exodus Begins?

The first vote by a diocese about whether to leave the Episcopal Church of the USA happens this weekend.

Ironically, the head of the US Episcopal bishops has threatened the bishop involved, telling him that if the diocese leaves, it will be "necessary to ascertain whether you have in fact abandoned the communion of this church, and violated your vows to uphold the doctrine, discipline, and worship of this church."

Ironic because it's the leftist elements in the church which have, in truth, abandoned the worldwide Anglican communion, and violated vows to uphold the doctrine, discipline, and worship of the Episcopal Church in America in order to satisfy those with a left wing political agenda.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

There's a lot of money at stake in the church properties and holdings. I think that is driving the train.

Who is the head of the church? I know the Archbishop of Canterbury is the lead bishop, but do priests and bishops take a vow of obedience to him? If not, vowing to uphold doctrine, discipline and worship might best be done out of the current church.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Righty64 said...

It will be a sad day when the San Joaquin Diocese leaves the Episcopal Church. And I totally agree with your point. I stay in the Episcopal Church because I think that leaving gives the modernist hijackers what they want-to remove traditionalists. I know, some are just tired and want to focus on other ministies, but some one, even if it is my lonely voice, has to stand up and say no. Maybe I am just young and stupid, but I am ready to fight from the inside, sort of like guerilla warfare. But, in this case it is a spiritual war and maybe a whole diocese leaving is going to make the modernists wake up. I hope against hope that is the case, but it probably is not the case. And the war goes on.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google