Carol Platt Liebau: Objectionable Google Ad

Friday, December 02, 2005

Objectionable Google Ad

There is an ad for an Ohio abortion clinic that ran briefly on this site. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to ensure that such an ad never, ever appears on this site again. Except in limited circumstances (rape, incest, life of the mother, severe fetal malformation), I believe abortion is wrong, and I do not endorse any ad for abortion clinics. Although the ad appeared on this site, please know that no endorsement of its contents was intended or implied. Quite the contrary.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol, I'm glad you noticed that particular Google ad on your blog site.

I've been tempted on a few occassions to inform you of some "curious" Google ads on your blog site. For instance, oftentimes there are ads directing readers to vehement anti-Bush web sites. Hmmm, I suspect Google does not place vehemently pro-Bush web site ads on sites such as The Huffington Post.

Peter

9:30 AM  
Blogger Matt Brinkman said...

Carol can't suggest the following (both for ethical reasons and because Google doesn't allow it), but I think it is OK if I do so.

Anytime someone sees an objectionable Google ad on this blog, they could click on it. This would both inflate Carol's coffers and deplete the budget of the advertiser.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying...

11:11 PM  
Blogger Matt Brinkman said...

Carol, the above post was meant as a joke. If the whiff of "illegality" (for wont of a better word) found there bothers you, I understand, and you should delete the post.

I'm posting this so that if Carol does delete the previous post, it will be clear that she is not acting censorially.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google