Carol Platt Liebau: One More Time

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One More Time

We've been here before.

Unlike many other sites, I welcome readers to comment on this blog -- whether they agree with its contents or not. However, I am receiving a growing volume of complaints about the tone of a couple of the commenters (you know who you are) who demean themselves and this blog by writing not to debate, but simply to insult and denigrate.

Whoever you are and whatever your views, you are welcome here -- but only as long as you keep your comments on point, civil in tone, and intended either to further debate or serve some other useful purpose.

4 Comments:

Blogger Neil Cameron (One Salient Oversight) said...

Being on the other side of the political fence does mean that I will disagree with Carol quite sharply on issues - but at least I make comments that are not anonymous.

Anyone can click on my username and view my blog. There you will see my full name, my political and religious beliefs set out, blog posts that I have written and even a picture of what I look like.

I am not afraid of making my voice heard. That's why I don't post under anonymous pseudonyms. I'm happy to get emailed by Carol if I say anything she gets upset about.

The lesson is - don't be cowards. If you make a comment, allow readers to find out about who you are by having a real blog site.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Good point, Salient.

But let's also be civil.

We can disagree sharply and still not call each other names, etc.

6:41 AM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

I agree totally. My Blog is posted in my profile. ANYone can see where I stand on anything. I have gotten tired of the personal attacks. I freely apologize to all if I have been insensitive.

Lets all take this break and enjoy MS. Liebau's excellent site as a place to freely enijoy our differences.

8:04 AM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

Amber, I meant nothing negative. If I offended, please forgive me! Perhaps a bit of everpresent foot in mouth disease on my part?

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google