Carol Platt Liebau: Phew

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Phew

How fortunate for us that David Gregory does not hold himself to the same standards that he requires for others.

Otherwise, some blogger might have to appoint himself "proxy for the public" and ask David Gregory tiresome questions in which no one is really interested: When did you drink? With whom? Should you have been "reporting" while drunk? and other ridiculous inquiries of that nature.

Blessedly, all of us are spared. Let's be thankful for small favors.

5 Comments:

Blogger stackja1945 said...

Drowning his sorrows?

4:08 AM  
Blogger eLarson said...

He didn't sound drunk to me. That's all I'll say, lest I incriminate myself.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I agree. Maybe he was drunk or high. But he didn't sound that way to me. I didn't hear any slurred speach, only uncontrollable giggles.

I wouldn't bank on Imus's judgement in this case. He may have jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Could there be liability here for Imus?

7:39 AM  
Blogger HouseOfSin said...

Gregory sounded unorganized, amateurish, and boorish. ("Drunk" can be Imus' call.)

Drunk or not, he should not have gotten on the phone, in this state, with a nationally syndicated talk show.

I understand this happens. Life in all its experience and joy happens. So, the correct thing to do is conjure up an excuse to avoid or postpone the interview until stuff is together.

I'm sure that was evident to readers of this blog, but not so, evidently, for Gregory.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Goat said...

He wasn't drunk, he was stoned on pot, drunks don't act like that, infrequent marijuana users do. Been there done that, experience speaks, as Jimmy Hendrix asked "Are you experienced?"

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google