Carol Platt Liebau: Needing Some Rights?

Friday, March 03, 2006

Needing Some Rights?

So proud liberal professor Larry Atkins opposes a students' bill of rights because he doesn't engage in classroom indoctrination:

I've taught conservative students, given them A's, encouraged them to submit their articles to conservative publications like the Washington Times and National Review, and given them advice about internships. And I've given liberal students low grades if that's what they deserved.

Good for Mr. Atkins. If other teachers -- at both the university and high school levels -- were like he characterizes himself, there'd be no need for any bill of rights.

But what does the good professor have to say to this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Brinkman said...

"Alright, and so this becomes very, very muddled. And I'm not in any way implying that you should agree with me. I don't even know if I'm necessarily taking a position. But what I'm trying to get you to do is to think, right, about these issues more in-depth, you know, and not just take things from the surface. And I'm glad you asked all your questions, because they're very good, legitimate questions. And hopefully that allows other people to begin to think about some of those things, too."

Wow, Carol, what a loony nut-job that teacher is. Man, he really ripped into that kid calling his questions "good" and "legitimate."

I guess that teacher didn't get the memo that asking kids think deeply about things isn't allowed in Carol-land.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google