Carol Platt Liebau: Pitiful Little Ego Boost for Me . . .

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Pitiful Little Ego Boost for Me . . .

While we're on the subject of law school, I was flabbergasted to read that my former criminal and constitutional law professor, Kathleen Sullivan, failed the California bar. She's a brilliant woman -- so now I'm actually amazed (and even more grateful) that I actually passed on my first try.

Glad this happened after I took the bar. Had it occurred before, I would have been even more convinced that I'd fail -- and trust me, I doubt my husband could have withstood any behavior even more neurotic than what I manifested over that dark and ugly summer of 2000.

In all seriousness, stories like this simply illustrate the extent to which passing the bar is a function of preparation, rather than of intelligence, innate capacity, or even legal knowledge.

Wanna bet she'll pass it the next time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google