Carol Platt Liebau: New Comments Policy

Saturday, December 03, 2005

New Comments Policy

At the suggestion of a commenter below (and several correspondents), I have altered the comments policy on this site, so that only registered users will be allowed to participate. I've come to this decision with some reluctance -- and only after a comment this morning (since deleted) of such appalling vulgarity from "Anonymous" that I was offered no alternative. Enough is enough. I'm willing to put my name behind my opinions, and it seems only fair to expect commenters to do likewise.

If you are having trouble registering to comment, email me and I'll try to help (no promises -- I'm a technological dunce).

Thanks for your readership and your participation. It does me (and this site) great honor.

8 Comments:

Blogger David said...

"Back in the day" I recall having to get a blogspot account to comment here.

:-)

Blogger has changed a lot in the last year+ though. Yep. I want to be "registered" and accountable. And if I get out of line, I expect you to delete me, mock me, sock me (*s*) and ban me.

It's only right.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Bachbone said...

Thank you, kindly, Carol!

8:11 PM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

Sadly, this is justifiable.

I stop here at least twice a day and appreciate yuor good work

9:18 PM  
Blogger Matt Brinkman said...

I have to say I agree with Bachbone. Ohmigosh, that hurt almost as much as I thought it would. 8)

Any time Bachbone and I agree, I think it is only fair to count it as...

Another victory for Bush in WW IV.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Goat said...

I have my share of the vulger as well and love the garbage pail to permanently delete them. Carol, I hope I am precluded as a fan of yours. Keep up the good work!

10:57 PM  
Blogger stackja1945 said...

Greetings fellow technological dunce. Hope all is well. No vulgarity should be tolerated.

1:26 AM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

Another magnificant person, Michelle Malkin, has been taking hits from the Great Unwashed. It's a shame that these ignorant people can spread their stupidity.

Thanks for the great work!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm all signed up now. I too was shocked by the epithet-laced Anonymous comment. It was not I.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google