Carol Platt Liebau: How (Inadvertantly) Revealing

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

How (Inadvertantly) Revealing

Today, as we remember Pearl Harbor, the headline to this piece in The Washington Post underscores how far the Democrats have falled. The title? "Democrats Fear Backlash at Polls for Antiwar Remarks."

How inadvertantly revealing. No, they aren't afraid of demoralizing the troops. No, they aren't afraid of losing the war on terror. They're afraid of a political backlash for having spoken from their hearts.

Pretty much says it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

"How inadvertantly revealing. No, they aren't afraid of demoralizing the troops. No, they aren't afraid of losing the war on terror. ..."

How true.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Anonymous_Me said...

The Dean of Insanity U needs to go back to Ben & Jerry's Land. I just posted on this on the blog for the Minnesota Beltway YRs. I am really in despair over the Democratic Party. I want my party to win but I want it to win against worthy opposition and winning against a party of defeat is more of a matter of relief than a matter of pride.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

"... to win against worthy opposition and winning against a party of defeat is more of a matter of relief than a matter of pride."

Well said. I hadn't identified that sentiment within myself until you mentioned it. But I recognize it now.

It seems like winning in 2004 was more like, "Whew! I'm glad Kerry's not in charge of running the war now!"

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google