Carol Platt Liebau: First Consideration: Philosophy, Not Gender

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First Consideration: Philosophy, Not Gender

In this piece from the AP, Senators Specter and Hutchison -- Republicans both -- call on the President to name a woman to fill Sandra Day O'Connor's newly re-opened seat.

Don't get me wrong: There are plenty of fine women out there, including Judge Priscilla Owen of the Fifth Circuit, Judge Janice Rogers Brown of the D.C. Circuit, and my personal favorite, Judge Edith Jones of the Fifth Circuit. Any of those three would be a fine choice.

But it's a pretty sad commentary on how priorities have degenerated when senators are more concerned about the nominee's biology than his or her jurisprudence. First, the President should choose a constitutionalist of unquestioned integrity. Then, let's worry about gender, race and all the rest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Poison Pero said...

I agree 100%.......But that surely makes me an insensitive pig, since I'm a "white man" --> The horror.

That said, I hope he picks Janice Rogers Brown.

She's a solid Conservative, has been brilliant on the bench, and at 56 is young enough to be there awhile.

But, I admit I want her as the nominee for purely political reasons. --> I want the American people to get to watch the Jackals-With-(D)-Behind-Their-Names beat up on a competent, black woman.

Show them for the twisted liars they are: Pro-Woman (HA!), Pro-Minority (HA! HA!).

Once a woman or minority ceases to be a "useful idiot", the Dems turn crazy on them.........AND I'D LOVE TO SEE IT ON PRIME-TIME TV!!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Janice Rogers Brown got my vote and will continue to get my vote until she sits on the supreme court.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Tracy Stiegler said...

Just found a great website to counter feminists in this day and age where being "PC is next to godliness": www.mensactivism.org. I'd like to point out: This is a very clear and well put together website supporting the man's role in society. Enjoy!

~Tracy Stiegler

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google