Carol Platt Liebau: Thanks to the Hugh Hewitt Show!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Thanks to the Hugh Hewitt Show!

Having wrapped up a full week of guest hosting for Hugh Hewitt, many thanks are in order -- first, to Hugh, who will be back on Monday. And certainly to Generalissimo Duane, whose assistance was invaluable, along with his team of Adam, Moses, Alex, Austin and John.

It was a treat to co-host with the charming and erudite Peter Robinson.

It was a great week -- notwithstanding all the teasing from the Hewitt team! Today, during the show's third hour (usually devoted to movies), we did "Who's your favorite dead celebrity?," based on this article.

Ridicule was heaped on my hapless head, simply because my favorite dead celebrities are Cole Porter and Norma Shearer.

My taste may be a little old fashioned, but being taunted with music like "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" was simply too much! (I'm only 38, after all.)

Many thanks to everyone -- especially our listeners.

4 Comments:

Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

Norma was an incredible, heartstopping beauty.

Cole, unfortunately, had to be relatively "closted" his entire life...and that certainly has to take a toll on one's soul...but I think he channeled that hurt into his fabulous music.

FABU taste in dead celebrities, Carol. Don't listen to those who heaped stuff on you for your choices.

Always remember though....Elvis is still the KING! ;-)

9:02 PM  
Blogger Poison Pero said...

Favorite Dead Celebrity?

Mine was a ballplayer, and he was a celebrity.....And a legend. --> The anniversary of his death is this Saturday, August 13.

--------------------

A little preview from my blog
http://thisdayinhx.blogspot.com/

Saturday, August 13

1995 - Baseball great Mickey Mantle died of cancer.

**I'm too young to have seen him play, but as a child I read extensively about "The Mick", and he was my first hero.

I'm glad I didn't know of his flaws when I was a child, and wish we could return to a better time when our heros could be just that.....HEROS!

He was the All-American ballplayer who was the strongest, the fastest, a Triple Crown winner, a 3-time MVP, and a champion.

"That boy hits baseballs over buildings. He runs as fast as Ty Cobb." — Casey Stengel

Unfortunately, we live in a time where heros are created and then destroyed by the media. --> I feel sorry for the children of our current day. There is no such thing as "childhood innocence", and they are made to grow up much too fast in a world of reality.

I admit I long for a better time, a time when a boy could be a boy.

Goodbye Mickey, you will always be in my memories.**

9:17 PM  
Blogger Poison Pero said...

Oh, by the way, you really need your own show.

Nothing against Medved, but I'd love to slide you in his spot, between Prager and Hugh.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Wascally Wabbit said...

Great job guest hosting on the Hugh Hewitt show last week. I concur with previous comments - you need to get a show of your own.

Well done.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google