Carol Platt Liebau: Mukasey on Waterboarding

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mukasey on Waterboarding

Attorney General Mukasey went to Capitol Hill and infuriated Senate Judiciary Democrats (and liberal Republican Arlen Specter) by refusing their invitation to call waterboarding torture.

John McCain agrees with the views by Senators Kennedy and Leahy. He's willing to announce to all Al Qaeda that they needn't worry about even the threat of waterboarding should they land in U.S. custody even though the technique saved lives in the past.

Just something to think about in the run-up to Super Tuesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger stackja1945 said...

Carol, these Senators seem all wet behind the ears.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I, as a proud and patriotic American, WANT my government to, waterboard, strip bare butt naked, and force our enemies to sleep on cold concrete floors if it will keep me, my family and all of America safe! I don't apologise or feel ashamed to say this and no other proud American should feel ashamed either. Call it torture if you will because I DON'T CARE!!!!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Cliff,

It's Mukasey's silence and your comments that make me think of Jefferson when he said. "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just."

I pray for you, Mukasey, and our country.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very Sane Woman, either we waterboard our enemies or you will be forced to wear a burka, provided that the terrorists don't stone you to death or blow you up with a human bomb! It's people like you that are going to get us all killed!!!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google