Carol Platt Liebau: The Romney Speech?

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The Romney Speech?

Bob Novak seems receptive to a Romney candidacy, but expresses concern about the bias directed toward Mormons as a significant stumbling block. In his view, Mitt Romney will have to deliver a make-or-break speech in the mold of JFK's.

In my view, if Romney does so and knocks it out of the park, he could be well on his way to capturing the nomination and the presidency. Americans are fair people, and a lot of the prejudice against Mormons may well be because many don't know any.

Note the title of Novak's piece -- "A Mormon in the Oval Office?" Seems to echo the title of a certain book by Hugh Hewitt.

Incidentally, I'll be sitting in for Hugh today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe Steel said...

Fundamentalist Christians think Roman Catholicism is a cult. I can't imagine any of them voting for a Mormon.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I'm finding I like Romney. But I have almost never cared for Bob Novak. He seems to be a revered pundit in conservative circles, though. What am I missing?

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google