Carol Platt Liebau: More Arkin

Thursday, February 01, 2007

More Arkin

A classic case of projection from yet another of today's Arkin screeds:

[T]he arrogant and intolerant few who think they are above the people seem to be those who are wearing the uniform.

As someone who enjoys the give-and-take of political debate, I'm usually reluctant to call for a columnist's firing on the basis of what he says. But Arkin's rantings today have been so hate-filled, so fringy-beyond-the-pale and so utterly without any real intellectual merit that, in my view, he's forfeited the privilege of serving as a columnist for a newspaper that prides itself (and generally, rightly so) on its quality.

Can anyone imagine such bizarre soldier-hatred being indulged or defended in World War II?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marshal Art said...

Arkin's an idiot deserving of scorn and mockery.

9:49 PM  
Blogger The Flomblog said...

I still bristle at the memory of the way I was treated upon returning from Sutheast Asia.

I swear by all that I hold dearly - I will do anything that I can so as not to allow any one of our magnificant young people suffer the same indignities!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google