Carol Platt Liebau: Scratching the MSM

Monday, April 03, 2006

Scratching the MSM

Michael Barone points out the unthinking hegemony that liberalism enjoys in newsrooms across America.

And he's dead on in illuminating the parochial assumption that liberals can attain "objectivity" while conservatives can't.

The entire piece reminds me of a college experience at The Daily Princetonian. One of my colleagues (from New York) learned that I was a Republican, and blurted out, "But I didn't know that any educated people were Republicans!"

Seems to me that attitude dominates most professional newsrooms today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bachbone said...

Should your colleague's statement be filed under "ignorance" or "stupidity?" Or both?

10:27 AM  
Blogger COPioneer said...

bach, I think "arrogance".

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google