Carol Platt Liebau: Wal-Mart & Bloggers

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Wal-Mart & Bloggers

Here is an article worth noting about Wal-Mart's efforts to reach out to bloggers.

As regular readers of this site are aware, I am a fan of Wal-Mart. Please also be assured that, in contrast to some of the bloggers referenced in the linked story, every bit of commentary or analysis on this site -- unless it's denominated as a quote -- is my own. No "cut and pasting" here. Nothing but the topics in which I have an interest, and views that are exclusively my own, written in my own words.

That being said, the breathless tone of the linked article is mildly annoying. So Wal-Mart reaches out to bloggers with sample posts. So long as the bloggers aren't being paid to promote Wal-Mart (without disclosing the payment), is this really any different than the DNC or any other interest group sending talking points into the mailboxes of the seminar callers who subsequently call up conservative talk radio shows to parrot them?

2 Comments:

Blogger stackja1945 said...

"Nothing but the topics in which I have an interest, and views that are exclusively my own, written in my own words." Carol not everyone is articulate as you. I for one use others to express my ideas as they can do better than I. One day I hope to be half as good as you. Enough flattery?

11:11 PM  
Blogger COPioneer said...

I'm happy that a new Wal-Mart is going up in my town of Monument, CO. It's just crazy how much business envy people have towards Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart wanted to build at a site closer to the Interstate exit, however, some people and businesses complained that the road infrustructure couldn't handle it. Fine, Wal-Mart said they would help pay to rebuild the infrustructure to 4 lanes...well, they were denied.

So, they moved their location 1/2 mile north across from that other evil empire, Home Depot. All along, I thought that site made more sense (and selfishly because it made it easier to access from my house).

Now, it appears that the contested interchange is going to have to expand to 4 lanes anyway...all at tax payer expense without any help from Wal-Mart. Ha, bummer. It think it's because of the Subway and Popeye's myself ;-).

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google