Carol Platt Liebau: A Word of Gratitude

Saturday, December 31, 2005

A Word of Gratitude

As we bid farewell to 2005 and welcome 2006 with open arms, it seemed like a good time to reflect on the many people to whom I owe so much. Along with my husband, family and friends, there are so many others who have helped and encouraged me this year.

Chief among them is Hugh Hewitt, the "Godfather of the Blogosphere" -- who, even today, was kind enough to link to this blog as one of the up-and-comers of 2005. I began blogging at Hugh's urging, and he's been most generous in guiding, advising -- and even, occasionally, trusting me to guest-host behind his microphone (where I've had the pleasure of working with the invaluable Generalissimo and the fabulous Hewitt team). Hugh's wisdom and generosity of spirit are boundless.

Bloggers who have been exceptionally welcoming, kind and helpful include Betsy Newmark of Betsy's Page, Lori Byrd of Polipundit, and all the guys over at ConfirmThem. Tom and John at RealClearPolitics have made my day from time to time by linking to something I've written. And one of the nicest compliments I received this year came from the wonderful journalist Jack Kelly of Irish Pennants. I am grateful to all of them.

All through the year, Nick Winter over at The One Republic posts my columns and does a magnificent job spearheading two very active and important sites (California Republic is the other). It's been an honor to become acquainted this year with Wlady Pleszczynski over at The American Spectator. And any complaints I've had with The Los Angeles Times certainly do not extend to Gary Spiecker at Current, whose good humor and editing prowess have made working with him a pleasure.

Most of all, dear readers, I am grateful to you for reading this blog, emailing me, and engaging in the often-lively dialogue that transpires in the comments section! Your feedback and participation make this blog a true labor of love.

I wish you and yours all of God's blessings in 2006. Here's to a wonderful year!

3 Comments:

Blogger stackja1945 said...

Carol Platt Liebau I wish you and yours all of God's blessings in 2006. Here's to a wonderful year!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Bachbone said...

Thank you for all the time and effort you give to your blog. We appreciate it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Righty64 said...

Thank you very much. It has inspired me to start my own blog, "Right View From the Left Coast" Thank you again for all you do!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google