Carol Platt Liebau: "Strong Views of What's Right and Wrong"

Thursday, October 06, 2005

"Strong Views of What's Right and Wrong"

Here's a quote from Harriet Miers in the 1996 Texas Lawyer (HT: Hugh Hewitt):

I'm not universally liked by everyone because I have very strong views of what's right and wrong, and I take my positions seriously and I fight for them strongly. And the role on the council was different in the sense that you really, in that arena, have to take the positions you feel are in the best interest of the city. And on a variety of very controversial issues, I felt very strongly about them and took a very aggressive position, and as to some of the council members, that made me unpopular because they were on the other side of those issues."

More extensive excerpts at Evan Schaeffer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Brinkman said...

So according to what you've posted--skeptical conservatives should make no comments at all until Harriet Miers has here confirmation hearing, while supportive conservatives should keep posting puff pieces.

Sounds fair to me.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google