Carol Platt Liebau: Hail and Farewell (at least for now!)

Friday, February 29, 2008

Hail and Farewell (at least for now!)

For almost four years, I have posted to this blog almost every day. I have loved every minute of it, and it has been an honor and a pleasure to have the opportunity to persuade, entertain, correspond with and hear from you.

But professional and family commitments have been making it increasingly impractical for me to continue a largely single-person blog. For that reason, I have accepted the kind invitation of the thinkers and writers at Townhall to join them on the main blog there, at least through the election in November. My main focus will be on cultural issues, and if there's any topic that you think merits comment or discussion, please do email me and let me know.

I hope that all of you -- yes, even those of you who disagree with me loudly and regularly -- will come over and continue to comment on my posts there. I am posting the blog's address immediately above.

Finally, please accept my warmest thanks and most grateful appreciation for the blessing of your readership. I hope I'll continue to hear from you, both in the comments to my Townhall posts, and through the contact information listed on this page.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Carol,

I've responded at least a couple of times re my admiration when you've hosted for HH. I hope that your move will bring more traffic.

Scott
Atty in Austin

5:07 PM  
Blogger stackja1945 said...

Carol, so long for now.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Good luck, Carol. You're a sweetie!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I started reading a large number of blogs almost daily a few years ago. Time constraints and common sense forced me to whittle the number down to just a few. Yours has remained on my list of daily must reads.

Congratulations Carol, and good luck!

Greg

8:50 AM  
Blogger Marshal Art said...

I haven't visited in a while, but I want you to know how much I have enjoyed doing so in the past as well as having enjoyed your columns. I'll follow you to Townhall, where I've read your stuff before and I wish you continued success. God Bless You.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google