Carol Platt Liebau: Best Wishes, Jenna and Henry

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Best Wishes, Jenna and Henry

This is guest blogger Ruth Anne Adams, "The Maternal Optimist."

~~~
I was beginning to despair about a White House wedding recently on this blog. Today, Jenna Bush's engagement to Henry Hager [of the Virginia Hagers] was announced. My mother taught me that you welcome engagements with Best Wishes and weddings with Congratulations. Similarly, news of pregnancies are Best Wishes and births are Congratulations.

Dust off your Emily Posts. Bring out Letitcia Baldridge. This could be fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger LadybugUSA said...

Given the level of repsonsbility displayed by the Bush daughters, one wonders whether the "best wishes" on the engagement precedes or follows the "best wishes" on the announcement of pregnancy.

1:42 PM  
Blogger LadybugUSA said...

Coyote here. The above post is mine, not Carol's

1:42 PM  
Blogger Ruth Anne Adams said...

Wile E., you cynic! The couple has been dating for years. Now that the Bush girls are done with college and on their own, they haven't made news at all.

And I might add that if I had stalkerazzis and Secret Service Agents during my college years, my parents might have been even more embarassed than Laura and W. What's the line? When I was young and irresponsible, well, I was young and irresponsible!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google