Carol Platt Liebau: Imagine How They're Covering Iraq

Friday, July 13, 2007

Imagine How They're Covering Iraq

The BBC has been launching a campaign to encourage Americans to demand it appear as one of their cable selections.

What would be the point? It seems obvious that the Beeb has some serious reliability problems.

Take this most recent exploit, where the BBC was forced to apologize to the Queen and Annie Leibowitz, for misleadingly spliced footage that made it appear that the Queen stormed out of a photo session, when in fact she did not. (Actually, I wouldn't have cared if she had; as the story was reported, it struck me as a refreshing refusal to have British royal traditions redefined by the Hollywood mores of a celebrity photographer.)

But in any case, it's creepy to wonder -- when the Beeb is indulging in this sort of behavior when it can be readily exposed for it -- how much they're playing similar tricks with agenda journalism in their coverage of Iraq and the Middle East in general.

Tell me again why Americans should be clamoring for the BBC?

2 Comments:

Blogger LarryD said...

I have DishNetwork, BBC is already available.

The only two reasons I might even consider watching it are Dr. Who and Robin Hood.

I read enough blogs I already have a good idea of the BBC "narrative", i.e., they're propagandas and worse than even the NYT.

12:23 PM  
Blogger stackja1945 said...

"Tell me again why Americans should be clamoring for the BBC?"

To help the left, of course.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google