Carol Platt Liebau: RIP Cy Feuer

Thursday, May 18, 2006

RIP Cy Feuer

An eminent producer from the golden age of Broadway is gone. I was not terribbly familiar with Mr. Feuer, but this obituary in the New York Times made me terribly nostalgic (if that's possible, given that I wasn't actually alive during the referenced period). It notes of Mr. Feuer and his producing partner that:

They were at their peak from 1950 to 1965, a period often called the heyday of the American musical. This was before rock 'n' roll began its reign, when talents like Cole Porter, Irving Berlin and Rodgers and Hammerstein ruled the national culture, and shows like "My Fair Lady" and "West Side Story" went head-to-head on Broadway.

Cole Porter and Irving Berlin are my favorite songwriters. Those must have been the days . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google