Carol Platt Liebau: Shadegg for Majority Leader

Monday, January 16, 2006

Shadegg for Majority Leader

As someone who came up in Missouri Republican politics, it's painful not to be pressing for Roy Blunt's elevation to House Majority Leader.

But as Robert Novak points out, both Blunt and John Boehner of Ohio carry baggage that is destructive -- not only for their own ambitions -- but for the collective goals of House Republicans and Republicans generally.

Hugh Hewitt interviewed John Shadegg today on his radio show (full transcript at Radioblogger), and I liked what I heard.

Shadegg's the guy.

2 Comments:

Blogger LQ said...

At the risk of sounding naïve, I think members of Congress should do only the people’s business and should do it in the open. They must end these shadowy earmarks and stop receiving gifts, entertainment and trips paid for by anyone not friend or family. They should make public all contacts with lobbyists. Shadegg seems the most likely to get this done. I support him, too.

8:45 PM  
Blogger David said...

Roy Blunt... *sigh*

I'll not expand on that except to say that I live in his congressional district, here in America's Third World County...

What is it called when you vote for "the lesser of two evils"? Oh, yeh, now I remember: voting for evil in smaller doses...

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google