Carol Platt Liebau: Moving the Court to the Left

Friday, December 09, 2005

Moving the Court to the Left

Arnold Schwarzenegger has chosen a "centrist" to replace Janice Rogers Brown on the Supreme Court.

His choice, Carol Corrigan, asserted that, "I think I would probably be a centrist anyplace I found myself." Really? What does that mean? She would be a "centrist" on the conservative Fourth Circuit and on the liberal Ninth?

Surely she doesn't mean that her views are defined by those around her -- and that they shift to remain in the "center" of every group in which she finds herself?

1 Comments:

Blogger LQ said...

I assume she means that wherever she sits, she would be a consensus builder: someone able to get justices from the left and the right to agree, thus reducing dissents.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google