Carol Platt Liebau: Thank you, Hugh!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Thank you, Hugh!

Having visited the allergist this morning for a variety of tests, I was unprepared but absolutely thrilled to receive a phone message asking if I could co-host the Hugh Hewitt radio show today with none other than Hugh Hewitt himself (the "Voice of Reason in the West" has been afflicted with allergy-related laryngitis). As you can imagine, I almost passed out -- and immediately called back to say that I'd be there!

I love radio, and Hugh's show is the best of the best. In fact, I regard Hugh himself so much admiration that working with and for him was actually a bit intimidating . . . it was a real honor to be entrusted with his show and his wonderful audience (of which I'm also an enthusiastic member!), and I certainly didn't want to let him down!

Of course, Hugh immediately put me at ease, and I enjoyed a wonderful three hours -- in no small part thanks to his producer Duane (a/k/a Radioblogger) who kindly and capably guided me through all technical and other aspects of the show, along with help of Adam and Austin. All in all, a wonderful team -- and an absolute pleasure to get to work with them.

Over the past several years, it's been great to get to know Hugh. I am just one of the many, many people that he helps and encourages on a regular basis. Watching his approach to all his endeavors -- particularly his "talk radio that builds you up, that doesn't tear you down" -- has been an enormous influence on me, and I know on many others, as well.

Thank you for the wonderful opportunity, Hugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Parsons said...

Carol,

I thought you did a terrific job on Hugh's show. His is one of the few that I make a point to listen to on a regular basis. Having previously worked in radio myself, I know how difficult it is to walk into a situation like you did yesterday. I can't imagine trying to do three hours of talk radio. I believe you did a great job and hopefully you'll have a chance to do it again. I've taken Hugh's advice and bookmarked your blog so I can be sure to come back and visit frequently.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google