Carol Platt Liebau: 10 "24" Questions

Monday, May 01, 2006

10 "24" Questions

USA Today has them here.

Frankly, I was concerned that the show was coming perilously close to "jumping the shark" when Secretary Heller had his security detail chain Jack and Audrey to a post. Hello? Knowing that they're potential targets of some pretty nasty dudes, what father would do that? And set off to "save the country" by appealing to President Weasel without a copy of the evidence?

One final thought: Sometimes when I watch "24," I have the same thought as when I'd watch James Bond movies with my brothers as a little girl. If I ever decided to become a criminal mastermind, I wouldn't bother coming up with some horrible death for the hero (e.g. feeding James Bond to the sharks). I'd just cut to the chase and shoot him right away. Likewise, in "24," why didn't Christopher Henderson just shoot Jack, and eliminate the certainty that Jack would come after him? Easy enough when you're hold Audrey hostage . . . just make him give up his gun and kill him.

Dishonorable, yes. But you know what Socrates said about honor among thieves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google