Carol Platt Liebau: Thanksgiving Blessings to All!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving Blessings to All!

In its unique blend of the religious and the secular, Thanksgiving is, perhaps, the most American holiday of all. For someone like me, who's been blessed with so much -- wonderful family, friends, health, living in a good and God-blessed country -- surely every day should be Thanksgiving.

This Wall Street Journal piece speaks of gratitude for America -- gratitude, surely, all of us share. What a contrast to our thriving modern society the bleak outlook that greeted the Pilgrims in 1620 must have been! As for the lessons the Pilgrims learned early on, this piece expresses thanks for the free market -- the engine of liberty and prosperity.

Here is George Washington's Thanksgiving Day proclamation.

Here is Abraham Lincoln's.

I share their gratitude to God for the countless blessings and mercies He's bestowed upon us all.

Please take a moment to remember our men and women in harm's way, fighting the war on terror -- and say a prayer for them. If you care to do more, there's always Soldier's Angels.

And finally, dear readers, please know how thankful I am for you. I am grateful that you honor me -- and this site -- with your attention. I wish you and yours every blessing this Thanksgiving Day, and always.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

I married young to a women who already had a child. We lived with my elderly mother-in-law.

Every Thanksgiving I remember our first Thanksgiving as a new family. We couldn't afford a turkey. But we were all genuinely thankful for the blessigs God had bestowed on us and the new hope we had for our new life together.

It brought me to tears then. It brings me to tears now.

Thank you, Lord for your many blessings and mercies. May Your name be praised throughout this wonderful land.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google