Carol Platt Liebau

Friday, April 08, 2005

I've just had a chance to watch some of the Pope's funeral. What a great tribute to a great man -- and how wonderful it would be if, through even his death, he was able to bring some people back into the life of the Church. As Cardinal Ratzinger said during his eulogy, there really is no doubt that the Pope stands at the window of Heaven, blessing us all. And the great thing about him was that, as a Protestant, I'm confident he was blessing me, too.

I am proud to have a President who was not ashamed to say that he was "moved" by his experience in Rome. And I am proud, and grateful, to have a President who would affirm, ""There is no doubt in my mind there is a living God. And no doubt in my mind that the Lord, Christ, was sent by the Almighty. No doubt in my mind about that." Me, too.

God bless Pope John Paul II. As old epitaphs used to read, Resurgat. He will, indeed, rise again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google