Carol Platt Liebau

Saturday, October 16, 2004

I absolutely cannot stand Barbara Boxer. (If you don't believe it, go here and hear me discuss why Boxer is "the most embarassing thing to come out of California since the Chia pet.") I'm pretty sure that I would vote for almost anything with two legs and a heartbeart (maybe even a couple things with four legs and a heartbeat!) over Boxer.

And so it would take something as regrettable as this to make me express my disappointment with her opponent, whom I supported in the primary and forward. A lot of people -- who have significantly less than the candidate -- were asked to give money and to help the campaign, with the request predicated on the understanding that a "late ad blitz" would be coming. Will they be getting their money back from the Jones campaign, too? For shame. Even if the campaign were doomed to failure (and that was hardly a foreordained conclusion, given Boxer's low ratings), California Republicans deserve better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grumpy Old Man said...

I voted for Jim Gray, the Libertarian.

Jim's an intelligent and courageous guy, and a good judge, who took a leave of absence to run for the Senate. Unlike some of his party-mates, he's not a kook, but a thoughtful guy.

Boxer's such an idiot and an ideologue, it's a shame we don't have a good candidate like Bruce Herschenson was, only to be beaten by a Bob Mulholland hit.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google